Saturday, September 8, 2012

On My Needles

The cooler weather is coming and with that comes knitting! 

Recently, Seth and I swapped our bedroom chair and a chair in our office. While I am enjoying having the new chair in the office, where I do more of my sitting, I am missing one thing -- one of my favorite blankets lives on the chair that's now in the office. 

Now I know a reasonable person would say that I could bring this blanket and put it on the chair in the bedroom so that I have it close at hand for evenings when I am cold, but why do that when I can just knit another one!

I decided to make the Talon Throw from Brooklyn Tweed.


The blanket calls for a standard worsted weight yarn and size eight needles. I decided to knit the blanket in some yarn I picked up at Webs during my vacation, Valley Yarns Amherst


I just cast on late last week. So far the blanket looks like this.


Basically, I've just done the rows to set up for the pattern. 

While my mom was visiting last weekend, we made another trip to Webs. They were having one of their great sales. I purchased two sets of yarns. 

The first was Cascade Pastaza in a lovely colonial blue heather.


I purchased twenty of these, enough to make a blanket. I am thinking of making one of two blankets.



Both of these beautiful cabled blankets are from the book Comfort Knitting and Crochet Afghans, which I received as a holiday gift from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Either one of these blankets blankets would be the blankets of a lifetime -- they are great heirloom pieces.

At the sale, I also got three skeins of Noro Kogarashi.


I got this yarn to make an entrelac scarf, which I got a free pattern for off Craftsy.


This would be my first entrelac scarf, so I am very excited! 

I might take a break in the blanket to make the scarf at some point. I'll also have to take a break from the blanket to do the final grafting and finishing on the cabled wrap I knit as a gift from my step mother.

Clearly, with all this yarn laying around, there is a lot of fall and winter knitting in my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.