Monday, June 18, 2012

New Project

I just started a new knitting project, and I wanted to show some pictures. I am knitting the cabled caplet from the premiere issue of knit.wear. Here's a picture from the magazine of the finished pattern.


Here is my started project. I am knitting it in a teal blue. The project is going to be a gift.


This was the first time I have ever cast-on using the provisional crochet cast on. When the knitting is complete, I'm going to be grafting the knitted piece into a loop to create the continuous effect you see in the finished picture.


I'm having a lot of fun with the cables. So far so good!

In unrelated by other exciting news, I ran 10K for the first time this Saturday! I have only a week left on my 10K app, and basically, this last week just has you run 10K three times. I am assuming to practice. 

I'm excited at my progress and definitely want to keep up my training. It's such a great time of year to run what with the weather being so nice. 

I want to start incorporating more strength training back into my workouts though. As you know, I hate to strength train, but I know it's important.

My boss had been meeting with a personal trainer for the past few months and took me to the gym this past week to show me her two strength circuit routines. I'm going to try to mix them into my running training for overall fitness. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: