Sunday, August 1, 2010

Honeymoon Day Nine: The Return

We woke up at 4:45 a.m. To catch our 7:35 flight out of San Francisco International Airport. Tired. But we got down to the lobby in one piece and checked out easily with the lovely lady at the front desk for the five minutes until the shuttle to the airport came. We could have taken the BART to the airport, but there wasn't once that left quite as early as we needed and it would be been a rush. We also were not keen to walk over half a mile with luggage at such an hour. We did it when we checked in, but weren't prepared to walk all over San Francisco at this hour of the morning.

We got to the airport in good time. We planned to find a Dunkin Donuts to have bagels with egg and tea for me, juice for Seth for breakfast. We then had a shocking realization. There are no Dunkin Donuts on the West Coast. I don't even love Dunkin but there is one every mile or two where we live. We have one right down the street. It was just shocking. Seth did procure us croissant with egg for breakfast, which were quite fine.

We ate and boarded the plane for a quick trip to Vegas. Our plane was continuing onward to Hartford, so we didn't even have to get off. While we were waiting for the new passengers to come on, we talked with Andy, one of the flight crew, who told us all about being a flight attendant. He mentioned how he is based in a different location (Baltimore) than where he actually lives, so he has a crash pad in Baltimore which he shares with four others and where he only sleeps. He also said that his first trips were to Japan and then Paris. That was before he started working with Southwest, which is only domestic. He also mentioned how much he travels. He visits his boyfriend in Savannah. I wanted to know all about Savannah, since I have wanted to go there after reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Andy said it was really that quirky there (which meshes with what I heard from a Smithie I talked to from Savannah).

We had a rather unpleasant flight to Bradley as the family in front of us were super obnoxious but soon we were home with our baby, Lily, who is doing fine thanks to some loving care by her grandparents. (Thanks so much!)

An amazing trip!

No comments: