Sunday, November 9, 2008

Condo

Seth and I are thinking of purchasing a condo. We want to build equity and have a place of our own. We're working with a realtor. Today, we looked at our first place! (We don't want to do to much before we talk with a bank and get pre-approved.)

We looked at a place at Hillcrest Park. Click here for pictures. (n.b. Some of these pictures seem random, but I wanted to look closely at cabinets and windows.) This condo is a two bedroom, approximately 1,200 square feet, and is located in South Hadley. It's along a lake, hence the lovely view off the back deck. My favorite part is the washer and dryer - I really don't want to pay (or have to go to another building) to clean my clothing anymore.

We're very excited but need a lot more education. We're attending an information session on Thursday, have e-mailed a banker about meeting to discuss mortgages, and plan to through to a multi-part first time home-buyers program.

It's a lot to think about but, as I said before, very exciting.

1 comment:

Meliabella said...

Let us know if you have any questions. :) We've learned a lot in the last 3 years about condos. ::sigh::