Thursday, July 3, 2008

Slacking

I am seriously slacking on the blogging front, but things have been very busy with fiscal year 2008 just wrapping up. I now have a couple of months filled with time-off. I plan to fill this time in the following ways:

1. Spinning. I have been spinning a great deal, finding it to be a perfect summer hobby. (Unlike knitting a blanket, there isn't a hot blanket on your lap.) I have purchased a bunch of roving/batts lately. All lovely! I find that while I am not a stasher of yarn, I certainly am a stasher of spinning fibers, which I find so beautiful to look at. I am obsessed with looking at roving and batts on Etsy. Check out my favorites! So fiber-centric.

2. Spending time with kitties. Lily, of course. Plus, Mom and Greg's new cat Logan. (Logan was thought to be a boy but is, in fact, a girl.) Plus, David and H's cat, Odinn (only one eye!). Sean and Missy have a new cat too - a cat with her own colorway (very lucky cat)!

3. CASE Summer Institute for Educational Fundraising. A week of fundraising goodness at Dartmouth College. The "Know Before You Register" section of the website is so funny - I am to prepare for the hot and the cold. They provide towels but I might want to bring one. It reminds me of moving into college - probably because this is also in a dorm. Although, I hear they have A/C.

4. Going to Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. As it turns out, I think that Seth and I planned our trip during the largest Trek convention ever, which will be at the same location as The Experience. Hopefully this won't interfere with our being able to go on the "ride." I think it will be fine, as we are buying tickets in advance. It will be Seth's first time on the air plane - exciting times!

5. Reading and relaxing. Et cetera.

I'll try to post some pictures soon. And will certainly take pictures on vacation.

No comments: