Tuesday, January 15, 2008

flash review

Last night I was watching one of my favorite movies Keeping the Faith. It's one of the only movies (/things) that I have ever laughed at, Edward Norton is in it, it has a love triangle (a staple of literature), and it features religion.

I love books/movies about religion - or, more specifically, Catholicism. Dad and I had a run where we watched a great deal of Catholic inspired, mysticism style movies, which we then graded on a scale of A through F. And, while I did not do this for books, I can tell you that in the movie and book area of works about Catholicism (tangential or not) nothing will ever live up to Stigmata (movie) and Graham Greene's The End of the Affair.

All that being said, Keeping the Faith isn't really a religion movie to me so much as a comedy that happens to feature religion - thus it is not on the same list. It stands as a classic all its own. Anyway, I don't want to go on about it because that would give stuff away and I only got to start watching it last night, and I want to finish watching it now. This post is just a plug for it (and for Stigmata and for Graham Greene's work - although he probably doesn't need my help). I promise that if you laugh at nothing else in Keeping the Faith, you'll at least like the scene with the incense.

p.s. I have finally received and invite to Ravelry, a site for showing off knitting and crochet. Anyone who uses Ravelry who is reading this (Missy), check it out! (Also, Missy, I was unable to stash Eight Crazy Nights on Ravelry; I don't think it's listed.)

1 comment:

meliabella said...

Hurray! :) So happy you're in! What's your user name? As for the Lux worsted, just file it under keegan lane yarns lux worsted and then plop the color way in the color way box. :)