Sunday, November 4, 2007

Quick Knit!

My co-worker, Kim, is having a baby girl. This is not new news. In fact, as long as I have known Kim she has been pregnant (leaving it difficult for me to imagine her in any other state - but that is another matter). As Kim is quite a lovely co-worker, I told her that I would make her a blanket for her soon to arrive daughter. I told her this months ago, and then did nothing. After all, the baby isn't due until January, which is far off enough that I thought I didn't need to do anything other than buy the yarn (sage colored) that was needed.

Then Tuesday arrived. I got to work and found in the box on my door and invitation. To a baby shower. For Kim. On.... November 16!!!

This leaves me with approximately two weeks to finish the baby blanket, which was only started on Halloween. I'm moving as fast as possible and have finished a quarter of it. This puts me in good shape to finish in time. I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

N.B. Last night of the Phonathon is tonight!

No comments: