Wednesday, June 20, 2007

William (again)



Training a kitten is more work than I thought it would be. Yes, William is good most of the time. But, yes, sometimes he is a bit difficult. He is currently on my desk right now batting around a leaf that fell of my not-doing-so-well imitation Bonzi tree from Wal*Mart.

He only comes in the office if Seth or I am in here, which is good considering that I wouldn't want him getting at the cords under the desk even though I sprayed them with something that tastes awful - in theory this will keep him from wanting to go after them.

Being someone who mostly remembers having a full-grown cat, Tom, I didn't realize that a kitten would need so much playing with and training. Tom sleeps about twenty-two of the twenty-four hours in the day, eats for about an hour and then hangs-out in a I-just-happen-to-be-awake state. Of course, William will get there too. I was important to me to adopt a kitten and not a cat so that I could be with him for his entire life, know what he is doing. If you adopt a full-grown cat, you don't know how he'd bond with you. At least that is my thought. And, while I am looking forward to the lazy William days to come, I am glad that I will be able to remember back to his kitten phase.

No comments: