Tuesday, February 20, 2007

step into the future

Weblogging is the OED Word of the Day today.

Interesting, reminds me of Tennyson ("When I dipt into the future far as human eye could see; / Saw the Vision of the world and all the wonder that would be. -- "Locksley Hall")

Reminds me of my favorite television show, Star Trek: Voyager. (Namely because that is the quotation that appears on the dedication plaque for the ship. N.B. They misquote Tennyson, writing "For I dipt" instead of "When I dipt" - Are there two different interpretations of the poem?) I ought to do some Voyager episode reviews or something. I am getting back into the show after buying some import DVDs of it. Important! Do not buy import DVDs. Just trust me on this. Overall, I guess it is worth it because most of the episodes work, and I was able to get the entire series, something that would not have been possible with the US pricing. However, I have seen all of season one and part of season two again and one episode had such bad video quality as to be not viewable. This was the season two episode "Elogium" - the one where Kes is freaking out and the ship is getting lucky with the giant leech-like space dwelling alien. Not my favorite episode luckily. Still I hope it's the only one I have problems with.

No comments: